Experience Taiwan Tour
Taiwan is off the radar of typical tourists and backpackers, but discerning travelers have been coming here for years, and most have returned again and again. Taiwan is home to the rich and compelling Chinese culture which was lost in the mainland during the Cultural Revolution. Old temples are active centers of culture and worship, not just tourist attractions. Taiwanese cuisine is a mouthwatering union of Chinese cooking styles with ingredients and culinary traditions of the indigenous people.
Why we love this tour
This itinerary gives you the experience of millennia-old Chinese traditions and heritage through atmospheric temples, historical sites, and riveting festivals. We will bring you to see some breathtaking scenery, ride the 300 km/h Taiwan high-speed train, and unwind in a Japanese-era hot spring. We will also tickle your palate and please your stomach with amazing Taiwanese cuisine.
- Day 1-3Taipei
- Experience the famous night markets and sample some delicious Taiwanese food.
- Visit atmospheric temples and witness how the locals revolve their life around temples and their festivals.
- Delve into the interesting history of Taiwan at the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall and marvel at the treasures on display at the National Palace Museum.
- Visit the suburb of Tamsui, where artists and writers have traditionally lived, and stroll through its atmospheric lanes and waterfront food stalls.
- Wander among the youth in the shopping district of Ximending while sipping the ubiquitous bubble tea.
- Day 4-5Hualien
- Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of Hualien, a small city sandwiched between imposing mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
- Walk and hike the impressive Taroko Gorge.
- Be awed by the stunning landscape of the East Coast where mountain cliffs plunge into the Pacific Ocean at Qingshuiduanya.
- Day 6Ruisui
- Unwind and pamper yourself at a Japanese-era hot spring.
- Enjoy a good night sleep on Japanese tatami bed.
- Day 7Chishang
- Cycle in the vast valley of golden rice field, and see how it changes colours during sunrise and sunset.
- Feast on the specialty rice-box (Bento) of Chishang, where locals will drive cross country just to taste it.
- Day 8-9Tainan
- Be astounded by the colorful and riveting temple festivals of the oldest city in Taiwan.
- Eat to your heart’s content with Tainan’s famous snacks.
- Wander around the historical Anping Township and search for hidden dragons.
- Visit one of the most famous night markets in Southern Taiwan.
Packing List for Experience Taiwan (recommended)
- Pack the proper clothing for the time of year.
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- Cash (credit card is widely accepted and ATMs are easy to find, but it’s always a good idea to carry some cash)
- Remember to pack light; we’ll be using public transportation and you have to carry your own bags.Accommodation
The accommodation will range from dorm beds in hostels to doubles in family-run guesthouses and hotels to unique stays in traditional inns.
Cancellations and Refunds
If you must cancel your reservation for a tour and/or its extension, we will refund your payment, less the following fees per tour and/or extension:
|Days Prior to Trip Start Date||Trip Cancellation Fee Per Person|
|31 – 60 days||50% of trip price|
|0-30 days||100% of trip price|
Request a booking
Send us an email to secure a spot on this tour.