Zen in the High Atlas: A Wellness & Yoga Retreat in Morocco
Hit reset on your life with this rejuvenating wellness retreat.
Why we love this trip
Join us on a wellness & yoga retreat high in the stunning Atlas Mountains of Morocco.
Tucked into the high ridges of the Central Atlas Mountains, lies the stunningly beautiful Ait Bougmez Valley, where traditional Berber lifestyles have been preserved. Based at the Touda Ecolodge, we’ll immerse ourselves in the beauty of this landscape with daily yoga and meditation, as well as activities like hiking in the surrounding hills and a cooking class. The Ait Bougmez Valley is one of Morocco’s best-kept secrets. Before we begin the retreat we’ll enjoy three days of sightseeing and culinary adventures in the colorful city of Marrakesh.
Your yoga instructor will be Johanna Davis.
- Day 1Arrival in MarrakeshParticipants will travel independently to Marrakesh, Morocco to be picked up at the airport. We'll rendezvous at our centrally located traditional riad in the evening for a group welcome meal at a nice local restaurant.
- Day 2Marrakesh City Orientation & Spa TreatmentA guided tour will take us through the enchanting medina of Marrakesh. In the afternoon we'll relax at a local spa. In the evening, we'll enjoy a group meal together.
- Day 3Marrakesh Food TourWe'll get acquainted with the wonderful world of Moroccan cuisine on this guided food tour. The other half of the day, you'll have free time on your own or accompany the guide to do shopping or more sightseeing.
- Day 4Travel to Touda EcolodgeWe'll journey about 5 hours across the desert and mountains to the scenic Ait Bougmez Valley, where we'll make our temporary home at the Touda Ecolodge.
- Day 5-7Retreat at Touda EcolodgeAt the serene Touda Ecolodge, we'll begin our 5-day / 4-night retreat by hitting the pause button on our everyday life and focusing on what truly matters. Here in the High Atlas Mountains of Morocco, lies the stunningly beautiful Ait Bougmez Valley, where traditional lifestyles have been preserved. We'll immerse ourselves in the beauty of this landscape with daily yoga and meditation, and a customized excursion or activity, like guided hiking through the traditional villages and landscape of the region.
Daily guided meditation and yoga classes will be tailored to fit with the day's activities. We'll have one day of intention setting, one day of mala making, and an optional reiki session if possible.
- Day 8Return to MarrakeshOn the final morning, May 8th, we'll ride back to Marrakesh after breakfast.
Accommodation in Marrakesh will be at a centrally-located traditional riad.
Accommodation for the retreat will be at Touda Ecolodge.
Touda Ecolodge is situated in the gorgeous Ait Bougmez Valley in the High Atlas Mountains of central Morocco.
**prices based on double occupancy
Airport transfer is included and private transportation is provided to/from Touda Ecolodge on check-in and check-out days.
Cancellations and Refunds
If you must cancel your reservation for a tour and/or its extension, we will refund your payment, less the following fees per tour and/or extension:
Payment SchedulePayment in full is due 90 days before trip start date.
|Days Prior to Trip Start Date||Trip Cancellation Fee Per Person|
|31 – 60 days||50% of trip price|
|0-30 days||100% of trip price|
Payment in full is due 90 days before trip start date.
Yoga & Meditation Instructor
Johanna Davis is a yoga instructor from Greenville, South Carolina. Johanna was drawn to yoga in 2004 as she discovered its life-changing and stress-reducing benefits. Yoga became the gateway for her to find both physical and emotional health. In 2010, she graduated from the Always-At-Aum Yoga Teacher Training to become a certified 200-hour RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) and Yoga Ed Instructor. Since then she has completed her 500-hour RYT certification. She is also certified in Yoga Ed, SUP Yoga, and Reiki Levels 1 & 2.
It is Johanna’s strong belief that there is a yoga style for everyone regardless of fitness level, goals, or injuries. The role of yoga in a person’s life changes as their life journey changes. Nothing brings her more joy than watching her students find the moments of calm and release that yoga provides. In addition to teaching private yoga classes through her business True North Wellness, she is currently attending massage therapy school.
In her personal time, Johanna enjoys hiking, cooking, traveling, and spending time with her husband Eric, along with their two pups, Marty & Jackson.
Request a booking
Send us an email to secure a spot on this tour.