Experience Havana Tour
Cuba’s capital is home to two of its eleven million citizens. A mosaic of warm rhythms and hot exhaust, with spontaneous street-side salsa and an insatiable thirst for life, Havana is truly unforgettable. We’ll visit the highlights of this city but also get a deeper understanding of life in this misunderstood country through personal connections. If nothing else, your visit to Havana will be the experience of a lifetime.
Why We Love this Tour
Cuba is one of the most inspiring countries on the planet…if you know where to look. It’s also one of the hardest in the world to navigate—a destination not to be taken lightly and one that requires precision planning with even the smallest details. Too many travelers get trapped into wandering aimlessly through the old city with the masses. It’s a shame because they are missing the opportunity to experience the real Cuba.
Traveling with us provides you with the logistical framework to allow you to engage with your surroundings and immerse yourselves in the special experiences on this trip designed to showcase the most fascinating aspects of Cuban culture. Don’t regret doing Cuba the wrong way…Experience Cuba with us!
- Day 1Arrival in HavanaThe day will start with an early morning airport pickup. Check into our 4-star Casa particular. Lunch is on your own at a recommended Paladar. We know Cuba’s best restaurants and we'll help with the reservations. After lunch, find your bearings and begin our trip to Cuba with a step back in time, as you wander through the iconic, colorful and historic Habana Vieja (Old Town) on a guided walking tour. The evening is free for dinner, exploring more of the city, or relaxing at the Casa.
- Day 2Vintage Convertible driveAfter breakfast at our Casa, we'll hop into a vintage classic American convertible car and drive around Havana with the wind in our hair. This is a classic and unforgettable experience. After lunch, we'll visit Parque Central, El Capitolio, as well as the visually stunning and recently restored Gran Teatro. Later in the afternoon, we have an interactive cultural activity planned. Dinner and the evening are yours to explore more of the city.
- Day 3Day trip to ViñalesToday we'll take a day trip to Viñales. After breakfast, we'll drive about 2.5 hours southwest of Havana to the beautiful bucolic landscape around Viñales, where farmers use traditional agriculture techniques to grow some of the world's best tobacco. We’ll be visiting a local multi-generational tobacco farm and getting off the beaten path touring the countryside in a surprise mode of transportation.
- Day 4Hemingway House & Callejon de HamelAfter breakfast, we'll tour the Hemingway House where 'Papa' lived from 1940 - 1960. The home's interior has been virtually untouched since the day that Hemingway, the Cuban-ambassador-in-spirit, left. After lunch, we'll visit the high energy Callejon de Hamel in Havana's dense Centro neighborhood. On Sunday afternoons, locals and tourists alike mingle over live rumba music amidst colorful murals. After that, we'll enjoy another Cuba-only experience, chance to meet locals and gain insight into Cuban culture. These are unique experiences you just won't get with other tour companies. Free and easy evening on our last night.
- Day 5Goodbye CubaBreakfast at the Casa and private taxi transfer to the airport.
Packing List for Experience Havana Tour (recommended)
- Weather in Cuba in March-April is warm – hot. Pack accordingly.
- Bring all cash in US dollars or Euros. ATMs, credit and debit cards do not work in Cuba. Note that there’s an extra fee imposed on USD, so Euros are definitely preferable.
The accommodation will be in a 4-star Casa particular. Casa particulars are private accommodation or private homestays in Cuba, very similar to a bed and breakfast. Accommodation is shared occupancy. A single supplement is available for $200 extra.
We use private taxis during our time in Havana. Between Havana and Vinales transport will be in private A/C vehicle with a professional driver.
Cancellations and Refunds
If you must cancel your reservation for a tour and/or its extension, we will refund your payment, less the following fees per tour and/or extension:
|Days Prior to Trip Start Date||Trip Cancellation Fee Per Person|
|31 – 60 days||50% of trip price|
|0-30 days||100% of trip price|